Wednesday, September 26, 2007

This morning I accidentally burnt the almonds while preparing breakfast. I was out of the kitchen and I smelled the crisp almonds and didn't think anything of it.

Back in the kitchen I saw smoke coming from the pan. I opened the back door and took the pan outside.

The fire alarm started pulsing shrieks. I was surprised it still worked. I figured it would stop as the smoke cleared and I put together my breakfast.

Then I heard the loud family behind me yelling fire. One voice screamed several times the fire alarm is going. The alarm stopped and I closed the door.

I then went to my bedroom chair to eat breakfast and read the paper. Life is good, even the burnt almonds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kathy, for the laugh. I remember the loud family and your almonds toasting in the mornings... I toast almonds sometimes too now to add to my oatmeal.

Nicole