Thursday, September 27, 2007

I had lunch with some old social workers today. We had worked together for many years at the local welfare department and now we are retired. Some of us (not me) are in our 80's. I played the role of the mouthy rebellious kid in that office and I seem to continue in that role.

The group meets monthly at quiet restaurants. Their favorite places are golf course restaurants. So we met at the Bayonet golf course grill. We were such a contrast to the vigorous middle aged men golfers. The older social workers used their walkers and canes to get to the table.

Memories of the intense times we had together came up and I was happy to be present. I am not sure I can go every month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been there with my father-in-law Frank a few times for lunch...I am a golfer but hardly rebellious...Frank is filled with energy, memories of a time I never knew...Oldye Mike

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fun to read. Thanks for making me laugh again. The picture looks like my maternal grandparents!

Nicole