Friday, August 10, 2007

hand washing



The big news in the hospital today was HAND WASHING. We each received a flier with huge red words saying wash your hands. You are being watched. Then in bigger print, this means doctors too So it must be serious.

Professional people with clipboards were roaming the halls.

I made a point to do public hand washing in front of anyone who wanted to watch. For the first time I had to wait my turn to use the sink. Yes, my hands are clean.

And the patients, how are they? Just fine. I actually found time to visit folks between sessions of hand washing.

No loose germs at the hospital today. sigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rational cleaness verses uncomplicated self confidence (denial)...Baby shower tomorrow and baby shower next week in New York......Life goes on with and without germs....Oldye Mike

Renshin Judy Bunce said...

There was quite a tizzy in the hospital I work in about the visit by JAICO (I probably didn't get the initials exactly right, but that's how it's pronounced), an outside agency that can give a thumbs up or thumbs down to a hospital. So we too got the big handwashing lecture. We knew JAICO was coming but we didn't know when -- my beeper went off one day and it was our admin asst calling to tell me to be sure to wash my hands. Strangers in the elevator were yelling "15 seconds!" at each other. Some powerful agency!