Wednesday, July 18, 2007



I took a morning walk this morning. The ocean water was clear and I could see hundreds of star fish scattered along the sandy bottom, they move so slowly that my eye can't see the movement. I wonder if we move so fast that we become invisible to them.

It's the middle of July, the middle of tourist season and yet most of the restaurants were empty, no one around. Bay Books and the coffee house are closed. I wonder if we are in some sort of economic decline but we are moving so slowly that no one is seeing it. Warm day, clouds gathering as if rain storms were coming. I'm feeling sad today, not sure why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bay Books was closed because it was too early or closed because it closed for good? I like your image of the slow starfish. Like the Hopper painting, too--his diner is open.

-Nicole