Saturday, June 23, 2007

Drove to Redwood City for a Buddhist workshop with two well known teachers. 9am to 5pm. much too long, too many words, too many concepts. I left mid afternoon. Drivng back to Monterey I thought of the questions that I really wanted to know, what is your life like? How do you support yourself? How has Buddhist practice effected your life? What is the biggest difficulty that you face? What did you eat for breakfast? Who do you love? Who should you love but don't? These are real questions rather then ideas about what the Buddha really said. I want to know how people really live, this to me is intimacy. And yet they both were friendly and kind but too many meaningless words. I feel sort of disappointed with myself that I couldn't quite get what they were talking about.

1 comment:

Nicole Raisin Stern said...

I ate cereal for breakfast, Kathy. I put walnuts and dried cranberries on it, then cold soy milk from Trader Joe's. I thought about having a "Kathy oatmeal breakfast" with roasted almonds as you do, but that thought was fleeting. I saw the sun streaming in through the closed shutters--so bright already--and i thought, is it obscene to feel this happy?