Tuesday, June 19, 2007

car obsession


I’ve been obsessed with buying a new car this last year, a Honda Element. I see them on the road and think, yes that is what I want. They cost about $20,000.
I go through a full cycle of planning, thinking, I need a new car, no my car is fine, back and forth. This morning I asked myself why do I want a new car and the only reason I can find is that I really want a CD player in my car so I can choose which music to listen to.
So Today I am going to buy a $100 CD player for my old car. Yes, maybe this will free me from the painful desire to buy a new Car.

3 comments:

Nicole Raisin Stern said...

:)
:)
:)

Unknown said...

I love my Element (named Stubby), so if the CD player doesn't do the trick, the Element is a good car.

By the way...what is a koan?

Darlenealstro

kathy whilden said...

Darlene, a koan is a Zen riddle without an answer. We use it to try to see through how our minds work. Is that helpful?
Kathy