Tuesday, October 6, 2026

 

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

     Last year the PA at the urology clinic gives me quick advice on how to avoid another UTI. I am desperate to talk about what went wrong in the recent surgery, and emergency hospitalization for sepsis. The urologist is too busy to meet with me.  The PA is in a hurry and the appointment is over before I can ask questions and talk about what had happened to me. For a year I have been mulling over why no one would listen to me.

     Now as I recover from another UTI, I am willing to hear her recommendations and try the pills she had suggested. There is a lesson here for me but I am not sure what it is.

     I tell the young man, a recent resident of Monterey, a friend of my roommate, to not worry about our heat wave. The fog will return on the third day or maybe the fourth day. I know this from 86 years of living in Monterey.  But what about climate change he asks. Well, this morning the thick cool fog is here.

     Another book I am dissatisfied with. A clever well written murder story. Everyone in the story is suffering and mean and in terrible shape.  Not one likeable character. THE KING OF LIES by John Hart. I am not sure if I will continue. In the evening, we watch the latest episode of TED LASSO and then another episode of our favorite SLOW HORSES.  I have run out of words to describe our corrupt republican government. My ballot has arrived and I am ready to vote.

No comments: