Sunday, September 27, 2026
The Tall Man picks up the antibiotic prescription at CVS. My name continues to be misspelled. It is easier to just accept the new name then try to change it in their computer. As long as my 86 year old memory holds up, I can do this. It is like living with a time bomb that can go off at some unexpected time. It is turtles all the way down.
Cold foggy morning. My warm comforter is great last night. I look around my bedroom and fantasize about removing half of the stuff crammed in here. I want more open space. Mostly books and stuff. Maybe I can just pack them in bags and store them in the basement.
The charming dog lover brings my favorite cookies from Whole Foods. Cookies and thoughtful conversation, My life is good. We still have tomatoes growing in the back yard. My master gardener roommate has transformed the neglected abandoned yard into a small farm. And still my thoughts drift to worrying about the possibility of the cancer returning. I have a cancer surveillance procedure coming up soon.
I am back to reading the novel, THE ACCORDIONIST’S SON by Bernardo Atxaga, published in 2003.Story about the effects of the Spanish civil war. Recommended by the Tall Man. In the evening, we watch episodes of LANTERNS and TED LASSO. Two good shows. It is a no political news day for me. I suspect the incompetent president is still creating havoc around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment