Saturday, September 5, 2026

 

 Saturday, September 5, 2026  

       Really, I am not sad or depressed.  I just cry while sitting outside in the shade. Fluffy storm clouds in the distance. I am near the end of the novel, THEO OF GOLDEN, a book full of kindness and joy. Maybe the feeling is tenderness.

     All morning my roommate is busy finishing her chores in the house and garden, and packing up for her road trip to the mountains. She is on her way and the house is quiet.

     In the evening, I move into my bedroom, lock the doors, turn off the house lights.  Time to read a bit.  The dogs start barking. More than one. I am not sure which yard they are coming from. Surely the dog lovers will stop their barking dogs.  I do worry when I hear the dogs, someone is hurt and needs help.  But not true.  Just barking dogs in the evening.

     I watch the ending of Britbox’s BLUE LIGHTS, a really good series about the police in Belfast. A new season may be coming. I start reading the novel, THE ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF LENNI AND MARGOT. A surprisingly good book. I am not successful in writing something smart and funny about our incompetent president.  It is beyond my skills today.

No comments: