Friday, September 11, 2026

 

Friday, September 11, 2026    

     Before going to bed Thursday night, I check several different weather reports. Is the heat wave finally breaking up.  Some say yes and other say no. We had 83 degrees Thursday afternoon.  Too hot for me. I hope Friday will be cooler. This morning, we have fog at least for a short time.

     Reading books is hard during the heat wave. I watch TV shows or just sit in my chair with a wet wash cloth on my head. Today I am looking forward to the library books that arrived yesterday.

     I drive my roommate to her medical appointment with the cool air conditioner on. A temporary relief. Mostly I stay quiet and try not to complain.

     I watch the last episodes of the netflix’s AIRPORT CHAPLAIN, an Australian show. One of my favorite shows. I start to read several different books but couldn’t continue with any of them. I keep thinking of the stars, and the vastness of space, and how small Earth really is.  The science fiction books are beginning to make sense. Our incompetent president is working hard to complete the destruction of our home earth with wars.

No comments: