Tuesday, September 1, 2026
Late at night my bedroom skylight glows. I am half awake. What happened to the fog? At first, I think the light comes from a parked car. It’s the moon. This morning the fog and smoke are back.
Bowls of fresh tomatoes are on the counter. Who ever visits gets a bag full. And still there is more to pick. My roommate is a master gardener. And she is winning the war against gophers. There are still some tall sunflowers by the back fences.
I finish reading ALL WE HIDE, a long detective novel. It has one plot point that doesn’t ring true and my mind fixates on this part. It is a worthwhile book except that one plot point. I argue with myself. Maybe it is me misunderstanding how life works.
My old reliable friend with his antique yellow pickup truck comes by. His dental appointment is cancelled so he has time. I had started fearing he might have died. But no, he is alive and talkative. I wonder if I will be the first of these friends to die. In the evening we are still watching the same TV series. I am ready to start some new shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment