Saturday, August 15, 2026

 

Saturday, August 15, 2026

     Lots of sunshine on Friday. The house warms up. I am ready to face the day.  This morning, we have thick fog. I have a long list of things needing to be completed. If I do one or two, I will be happy. Some tasks have been on my list for a year.  I am hopeful that I will actually clean out the linen closet and eliminate my clothing pile in the bedroom. 

     The large sunflower is still watching me through the kitchen window. The yellow and red tomatoes are ripe ready to be picked and eaten. A friend comes in the morning bringing a piece of cake and conversation. The Meals on Wheels volunteer brings me my daily meal. A long friendly phone conversation with another friend who just returned from a plane trip. I sleep in the afternoon for two hours.  Guess I was really tired. 

     My roommate’s friend invites me to read and comment on a new memoir coming out soon. At first I say yes and now realize that my brain is not trained to read books on screens. Maybe it is not too late to learn but I am not willing to try. There are so many new shortcuts on line that are beyond my interest to learn. 

     I am still watching the netflix series, THE BOMBING OF PAN AM 103. It is quite moving and now I am grateful for each uneventful plane trip by my family and friends. And am reading NORTHWOODS by Amy Pease, a detective murder story, much less scary than airplane bombs. Dogs barking this morning, lots of airplane noise in the sky. This weekend is the climax of car week. Time to learn how many speeding tickets were given by the local police. No new worrying political news to think about just now.

No comments: