Monday, July 27, 2026
Another cool foggy morning. I must have written this a hundred times this year. This tiny area of California Central Coast is holding out against the summer heat waves. I don’t want to complain because the weather is perfect. But perfection is boring after awhile.
I am slowly becoming agoraphobic. I still walk on the deck and check out the progress of the sunflower plants. Two sunflowers blossoms today. The rest of the day I am in the house, doing household chores, reading books, taking napes. I have two long conversations on the phone with friends.
I talk to my roommate about buying a new better recliner for the living room. Something even more comfortable than the one I have. She agrees to help and then, I realize that I don’t need one, I need to get outside of the house. She is so patient with me.
I start to read Lena Dunham’s memoir FAMESICK. I don’t recognize the names of the many people she talks about. but the story of being a young confused adult is compelling. I want to watch GIRLS again. In the evening, I watch an episode of THE LAST SHIP and FOR ALL MANKIND. I almost like them. My roommate is out to a fancy diner, so I can’t watch our favorite shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment