Saturday, April 20, 2024

 

Saturday, April 20, 2024 

     The young poet and I talk in the morning about the seasons here in Monterey.  We have the wet season, dry season, and fire season. Probably more seasons if I really thought about it. The back yard now is a meadow filled with diverse plants and flowers. Soon it will be time for all the plants to be cut to the ground in preparation for fire season. I just don’t want to kill the meadow this year.

     An unplanned gathering of family members materializes last evening before the young poet returns to Boston. The tall man brings his famous salmon dinner, the dog lover arrives with the cute moody dog, the tired daughter lies on the couch next to the talkative young poet and I sit in my recliner. A sense of kindness settles in the room as we tell animated stories and gently tease each other. I love my family.

     I am slowly rummaging through the recycle bin to retrieve the financial papers that I threw away. Sigh

     I am reading REBEL HEALTH, a field guide to the patient led revolution in medical care. I am not sure I have the stamina to b a part of this revolution.

No comments: