Wednesday, October 24, 2007


This morning along the wharf the water has an orange murky tint, red tide. The air has traces of smoke.

I continue to be obsessed with the Southern California fires even though I now know that all my family is safe.

A young woman with a pickup parks by the beach. She talks to the closed back door, saying , now calm down, don't run. As soon as the door is partially open, a flash of movement erupts and four large dogs race out to the water. She just shakes her head, oh well what can I do. I want to warn her that this is a leash only beach but I don't because I see that I am angry.

I keep walking and buy two donuts from Reds to take home to eat while I read the newspaper reports on the fires.

2 comments:

Nicole Raisin Stern said...

Mmm, Reds. I like their donuts.

Susan Hensley said...

Cool picture Kathy. I've never actually seen the red tide.