Thursday, October 18, 2007


If you drove by my house yesterday afternoon you would have heard Christmas music blaring and three young school age children singing and dancing. They found a CD of Christmas music at the library and spent the afternoon singing.

The rain had stopped, and the sun was hot and bright.

Everyone was happy until one of the boys turned on the water hose on the younger girl and everyone started fighting and crying.

I wrapped the kids in blankets, put their wet clothes in the drier and we watched the Curious George movie. By the time the Mom came there were no complaints.

I was tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What'd you think of that Steven Pinker book? You're a patient grandmom, kathy. I have a pleasant memory of twirling with the kids in your living room to music.

Anonymous said...

oops--forgot to type my name in. I'm anonymous nicole :)