Wednesday, October 3, 2007


I was just wasting time at the library waiting for my street to reopen so I could drive home. I noticed an old bent women watching me. Finally she came over and asked if I would give her a ride to Clay street up the hill. She said she had missed her ride home.

Reluctantly I agreed, after all I was wasting time. She walked slowly, bent over. I tried to figure out what the real story was, Was she confused? Who would have left her at the library? But she was a quick talker and avoided all my questions.

I took her to Cay street and she said; wait, I have to deliver this letter. I watched her hobble up a driveway and then return. And now take me home, back down the hill, a block from the library. I live here she said and got out and hobbled away.

I never did figure out what was happening. She seemed pretty happy as she shuffled away.
When I got home, my street was open for traffic.

No comments: