Tuesday, August 21, 2007

shady trees



I had to be out of my house all morning while work was being done. I ran errands, picking up a print order, making copies of the monthly calendar, picking up a check, then I went and parked under the tall eucalyptus trees between Lake Elestero and the Cemetery.

It's a comfort to know that many relatives are buried there and that I too will be buried there if I die. IF I DIE? or more accurately when I die.

I used to hide out in this shaded spot when I was a social worker and feeling desperate. Listening to too many painful stories, understanding how little control we actually have in our lives. Here looking out on the cool water, sitting in the shade, watching the various families and tribes of birds, all seemed well. I was glad to revisit and remember this shady grove.

No comments: