Sunday, August 19, 2007

birthday parties



Went to a friend's birthday party last night, sitting outside in the Carmel Valley warmth, bar-be-cue, conversations, jokes. I drank one beer when I arrived, I felt relaxed and confident and talkative. Then I drank Hansen sodas. I do have a fear of drinking too much and keep close watch.

I've been attending these August birthday parties for years and know most of the participants They make birthday parties look easy and fun. I had given up on my own birthday parties but now I am beginning to be inspired. Maybe parties are really meant to be silly and talkative and full of good food. Maybe I just didn't understand before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got back from Bethel New York (Yasgur's farm of Woodstock fame) for Clara's Baby shower with her friends from grammar school days...talk, talk, talk...but they seemed to have great silly fun...Oldye Mike

Renshin Judy Bunce said...

silly, talkative and full of good food? hmmmm, how long has this been going on! I'm more used to serious, silent, and a little bit of good food myself.