Friday, June 29, 2007

chocolate


What I notice on my afternoon walk today is that everyone is smiling, and I realize that I am smiling too. Afternoon sun after weeks of fog, breeze, families on the beach, cars backed up on Del Monte Ave, waiting to come and go.
I see two pelicans flying low over the water, finally they start returning to the harbor, another reason to smile.
In the boat harbor millions of tiny newly hatched fish are swimming in the oily thick water. Even cigarette butts and soda cans are smiling.
I forget sadness and sore knees.
This week I received a bunch of gourmet gift chocolate for my birthday. I mean a whole lot, more then I could eat. I have been busy sharing with my friends. I tell a friend how pleased I am to have these gifts. She suggests that maybe somebody is trying to kill me. With chocolate? UMMMM, I don't think so.

No comments: